Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Margaritas Waltham

This is almost a yearly tradition now to have the Taco Gigante at Margaritas at their Waltham location. I stay away from their Lexington Location.


I again forgot to ask them why they changed the color of the sign. They have parking behind the building.



I do like the high top in the bar.



The chips are now light and fresh, too bad it was mostly crumbled pieces. The salsa is also good.



So what is the Taco Gigante? The Taco Gigante ($12.99) is a mammoth, 12-inch, 2-pound Taco filled to the brim with lettuce, refried beans, rice, ground beef, chicken, carnitas, cheese, salsa fresca, bacon, queso, hacienda sauce, picante sauce, crema and pickled jalapeños. It's served in a shell made from the same thing as you get your taco salad in. The first time I had this, the meats were separated, starting with the ground beef, then the chicken and finished with the carnitas. This version had all the meats mixed up. I like it better the other way, but then I'm an engineer. There was only one strip of bacon, and it was flabby. There was shredded chicken, but there was also big chunks of unseasoned chicken. It is still very good and big enough for two meals for me. Finish it, and you get free tacos for a year.

Address: 211 Moody St, Waltham, MA 02453 Phone: (781) 893-9990

No comments:

Post a Comment