Wednesday, October 9, 2019

New Brothers Danvers

I have missed the Kokinisto since Brothers Kouzina closed. Today I headed out to New Brothers Restaurant & Deli in Danvers for their Kokinisto. Their website and takeout menu state that they are not affiliated with any other Brothers or Deli.


I have to go and try their lunch specials one day. Plenty of parking behind the building and there is also an entrance back there.


Yes, it's cafeteria-style, but the line moves quickly. The interior is impeccably clean and really well maintained.


Baked Lamb, Greek Kokinisto ($14.95) with two sides. Double Roasted Potatoes with extra gravy, please. The potatoes could have been more lemony, but the lamb was tender. The taste of lamb was again absent. I think they breed the animals so lean now that they have bred the taste out of the meat. I can see from the bone that it is actual lamb.
I asked if they used brisket in the Reuben and the answer was: We only use corned beef. It seems to be a common thing to associate corned beef with round.

Address: 31 Maple St, Danvers, MA 01923 Phone: (978) 750-0100

No comments:

Post a Comment