Sunday, October 6, 2019

Pho Dalat Chelmsford

Pho Dalat in Chelmsford is the third member, and newest, of this very local chain. Pho Dalat now has three locations within a 10-mile radius. After I wrote about my excellent soup at Senmonorom Restaurant, it was suggested that I try one here.


They have parking, but it's a nightmare trying to get back on Rte 3 southbound. Nobody, except me, follows the marked lanes.



The inside is nice and bright, but they should actually move the tables when cleaning the floors.



The suggested soup was the Hot, Sweet & Sour Soup ($13.95) aka Canh Chua. "With a choice of farm raised catfish, salmon, shrimp and chicken breast with chunks of pineapple, fresh tomatoes and celery and basil in an aromatic spicy broth. Served with steamed rice on the side". Well, the tomatoes didn't make it. I did ask the waiter what the thinly sliced vegetables were and his answer was "I don't know, probably something from Asia", and that was it. The broth was excellent, aromatic and well seasoned with a little bit of kick. The amount of well-cooked catfish was a bit sparse. The service was terrible, no checkup, no water refill and I had to flag down a waitress to get my bill, since my waiter had, again, retreated to the kitchen.

Address: 131 Drumhill Road Chelmsford MA 01824 Phone: 978-710-7636

No comments:

Post a Comment