Monday, May 28, 2012

Asian Gourmet Concord

Back to Asian Gourmet in Concord for some more Taiwanese specialties. You know you are in a good place when you are the only non-Asian person in there! And it was packed at lunchtime with people enjoying the weekend Dim-Sum.



Steamed Wonton in Hot Sauce was delicious and the chili oil was not that spicy at all. Crunchy beansprouts underneath and (I think) sugar on top and that was an interesting texture contrast as well as a flavor contrast with the chili oil.




Since they served the Sat-Sun only dishes today I decided to try the Vermicelli with Intestine in Soup (Not sure if it actually said In Soup on the menu). Didn't work out to well, I have had intestine before and that wasn't the issue but the viscosity and the smell of the liquid were not to my liking. Despite my protests, they took it off the bill so I left a tip that included the price of this item. I ordered it and so I pay for it. On the other hand, I was very pleased that they took it off, good service, a small price for getting a repeat customer.




Last dish was Sliced Beef Wrap in Scallion Pancake. Another excellent dish, light pancake, super tender beef with a sauce that reminded me of hoisin sauce but it wasn't that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment