Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Spicepepper Garden Acton

Went back to Spicepepper Garden in Acton today to try some different dishes. I saw that their Dan Dan Noodles got a bad review and I really like that dish so I was curious if things had improved.




Despite ordering just two apps, I still got a small bowl of Hot and Sour Soup and I thought that was nice of them. The soup was in fact as good as I remembered it, with finely minced veggies, very similar to what the good chef at Top Garden did. Wasn't him, this chef have been with them since they opened two years ago.




Dan Dan noodles was really good, I would have preferred a sturdier noodle but the flavor of the dish was really good, with a good amount of heat, not really sure from what since I just saw a small amount of chili oil. There was a good amount of Tianjin preserved vegetable mixed in with the pork and that really makes this dish. A bit surprised that the liquid at the bottom of the bowl was brown, normally it's just a pool of red chili oil. Could have been more pork in the dish.



This is Bacon Slices in Spicy Garlic Sauce and this was one GOOD dish. Beautiful tender pork belly slices with garlic and spices swimming in a chili vinaigrette. There are some cucumber slices hiding under that mound of pork. Really balanced spice mixture without the garlic being overpowering, but it certainly was present. 

Click to add a blog post for Spicepepper Garden on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment