Saturday, January 12, 2013

Blue Ribbon BBQ Arlington

With a Living Social voucher for $8 for $15 worth of food, I headed back to Blue Ribbon BBQ in Arlington for some ribs.



I got my usual half slab platter with mashed potatoes and baked beans. Well, I thought that I ordered the baked beans but got the green beans instead. I might just have said beans, counting on Jill to do the right thing! When I asked to have them replaced I just got a side order in a container so now I have an extra side. Never even having contemplated ordering the green beans this gave me a chance to try them. Way to overcooked, as expected, for me but they still had an interesting vinegary taste and was quite good. There have been some complaints on some boards about the ribs, but they tasted and looked fine to me, maybe not as smoky as when they were smoked in-house instead of the central commissary. Baked beans were also their usual tasty self. This time I remembered to order the cornbread as a corner piece, the burnt edges are the best! Enough food for at least two meals and I also have a small container of the pickled cucumbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment