Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Szechuan's Dumpling Arlington

Time for the weekly visit to Szechuan's Dumpling in Arlington and today I was going to try another of their Noodle Soups.


The Noodle Soup selected was the N3, House Special Noodle Soup and I picked the Udon Noodle to go with it because I really like the thicker chewy bite of the udon. The vegetable soup had every conceivable veggie included as well as shrimp and pork. The shrimp was barely cooked and was delicious and finished cooking in the broth. I also especially liked the charred onion pieces.



They know I like things spicy so even without ordering the manager brought out a toasted chili/Sichuan peppercorn oil and a chili sauce much like a sambal oelek. Then they brought out a bowl of freshly sliced bird eye chilies that they mixed up with some soy sauce. The chili sauce was HOT and so was the bird eye chilies, but one slice of the birds eye chili in a spoon with the food was a really nice addition. I liked the chili oil the best, nice flavor without being deadly hot. The noodle soup was nice but nothing really special, it was a nice lunch and I finished everything.

You can now subscribe using the orange RSS button at the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment