Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Blue Ribbon BBQ Arlington

I just realized that I had 4 Groupons to Blue Ribbon BBQ that will expire in a month so I guess I have to endure going here every week for a month ;-). Tough! I saw on their Facebook page that one of today's specials was Pork Belly Sliders and how can you resist that?



Asian Style Pork Belly Slider's with mashed potatoes and baked beans. This was really outstandingly delicious! Tender pork belly slowly cooked in the smoker with a really nice crust on the outside and nicely spiced. Served with an Asian Slaw and drizzled with hot sauce (Sriracha?). The presentation could be improved a lot. Putting three buns down and then heaping stuff on them makes it really hard to eat not to mentioning that the slaw and belly go everywhere when you try to bite into them. I rather see them individually wrapped so that the contents are contained.



The rest of the Groupon I spent on a Smoked Meatloaf Sandwich with, again, mashed potatoes and baked beans. You can never have too much mash and beans and I have plans for the leftovers. The trick here is to ask for the sandwich as a wrap, makes it so much easier to eat and the tortillas are delicious as well. This is another favorite item of mine that has been on the daily specials menu since they opened. Tasty smoked meatloaf, lettuce, tomato, onions and a chipotle mayo with some finely sliced cabbage throw in for a nice crunch. Delicious! Sorry, misremembered about the cabbage, it's in the spicy chicken salad rollup.

No comments:

Post a Comment