Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Szechuan's Dumpling Arlington

I was going to a new place for lunch today, but they had the audacity to close for vacation this week so I went to Szechuan's Dumpling in Arlington instead. The Meat House is almost next door so this worked out well.



On the standard menu, this is the BBQ Baby Beef Ribs Rice plate. When I first saw this I had to ask if they meant pork ribs but they confirmed that it was beef and looking at the size of the bones even the Baby part seems right. What was not right was the BBQ part, they were more steamed/boiled than BBQ'ed. There were (mostly) tender and the rice plate had the standard Taiwanese Rice Plate additions. You can see the almost black marinated egg next to the sweet chopped mustard and, ick! broccoli. I would have preferred something like bok choy instead. There was also braised ground pork on top of the rice and the cooking juices was soaking into the rice. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment