Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Ruyi Lexington

I saw a Groupon for this place (Dinner only) and decided to try it for lunch today. Ruyi is located opposite Vine Brook Tavern in Lexington center. They do everything from Chinese, Japanese, Sushi and Hibachi. There seems to always be a Groupon available for the hibachi dinner so I'm not sure how well they are doing. The place was basically empty for lunch apart from me and my buddy the fly and he was very friendly.







Seating area in the sushi bar (sorry for the bad picture, both were out of focus) and the Hibachi tables out front. There is also bar seating off to the left.


I decided to go with a Bento box for lunch and it includes Miso soup and a small salad, neither was memorable. The salad was fresh.



Pork Katsu Bento box. Shrimp Shumai, small seaweed salad (bland) with a few pickled veggies and a California roll. I did get soy sauce for my roll but no container to pour it in and the waitress did the "I don't see you" thing so I had to fetch it myself. Apart from a couple of slices in the middle, the pork was DRY. The citrus katsu sauce helped a bit, but the sauce didn't impress either. The California roll was actually pleasant to eat as was the pickled ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment