Friday, December 13, 2013

Tekila's Mexican Restaurant Methuen

When I walked into Tekila's Mexican Restaurant in Methuen and saw that there was no waitress, but only the bartender, that should have been my first clue. The place was also empty at noon and that should have been my second clue but sometimes I just get a brain fart and try a new "Mexican" place regardless.



The cold chips were nice enough and the red salsa was also tasty but very liquid, no chunks at all.



Enchiladas de mole, $8.95 online, $10 something in reality was 3 Enchiladas with a filling of either shredded beef or chicken. I ordered two chicken and one beef. This was served with rice and beans. The menu forgot to say that it was also served with pico de gallo and sour cream so I had no chance to tell them to hold the sour cream. The beans were really a cold bean soup that lacked flavor. The cold chicken Enchiladas was dry and bland and the beef one was bland as well. The mole sauce on top was just sweet and had no mole taste whatsoever. The rice was hot but was just colored rice. The best part of the meal was the chips and salsa. I have to give up on these adventures, never works out.
Trying to get there from 495 I learned that you don't take the first Merrimack Street exit but the second one. How stupid is that signposting but since this is New England where "If you don't know how to get there, don't try" seems to be the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment