Sunday, August 24, 2014

Tryst Arlington

I used to go to Tryst in Arlington for a very nice lunch when they first opened but they stopped doing lunch after a while, not sure if the ownership changed or what but the lunch was gone. Now the do brunch on Saturdays and Sundays.



Started with a Shrimp Taco: avocado, red onion & Aji crema. Perfectly cooked crispy shrimp on a tortilla. This was delicious and the waitress said that this was the most popular item. Got bread as well, but I forgot what they were.



I followed that with a Western Omelet that had country ham, peppers, onions, cheddar cheese & crispy potatoes. When they said crispy potatoes, they where not kidding! Perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and they had been SEASONED! I rarely order an omelet in a restaurant since what you usual get is cardboard with a minuscule filling. This one on the other hand was cooked almost perfectly with a heap of fillings, you can see part of it falling out. The country ham was country ham, again delicious. Salad was good with a really nice mustardy dressing. Not sure what the ketchup was doing on the plate, surely Americans don't eat ketchup with an omelet?



Sorry for being out of focus picture, only happens when I only take one picture. Bar area with a lot of high tops. The restaurant is nicely divided to keep the noise down.
This was part of restaurant week or, as it's now called, Dine Out Boston. This is one of the few times I tried a new restaurant that I definitely will go back to. This might be the only one I will visit this year since my criteria are $15 max and they must offer a two-course lunch. Don't want to spend $20 for a dessert that I don't need or want.

Tryst on Urbanspoon

1 comment: