Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Dumpling Daughter Weston

It was time for a second visit to Dumpling Daughter in Weston for some more delicious dishes.



I know that this was my next choice after I saw it on the menu, Dan Dan Mien ($7). This is a favorite of mine, and here it was as good as it gets, spicy and tangy from the preserved vegetables (Sichuanese ya cai) and some cold book choy on top. The bowl looks small, but it could have done for lunch for me.



This was a weekly special and I couldn't resist, Shrimp and Vegetable Dumplings with soy sauce ($6.66). Rice paper dumpling with a rather dense filling but they tasted great.



They have added some lanterns since my last visit, and again the place was packed with people waiting for tables shortly after noon. Of course, they also had two groups of 10 people that showed up. I got the same number (10) as the last time. You can see the owner, Nadia Liu Spellman, in the middle of the room. She was busy, delivering food and talking to the customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment