Saturday, April 11, 2015

Wagamama Lynnfield

I haven't been back to Wagamama in Lynnfield since late 2013, and I wasn't too impressed with that visit, but I noticed a few new dishes on the menu, so I decided to give them another chance.



This is the Grilled Duck Ramen ($14.25!). Noodles in a vegetable soup topped with tender boneless duck leg and pea shoots. Garnished with coriander, chilies, spring onions and a citrus ponzu sauce. Coriander in abundance, less so of pea shoots and the citrus ponzu sauce but the duck was very tender and delicious, and the noodles were cooked well. Despite it being a vegetable broth, it was really nice and tasty. Is it a traditional ramen? Not even close but I didn't have high expectations, so I was pretty happy with this dish. What can you expect from a chain that was started in the UK to serve the British ramen?



Big room with a few window tables and booths in the back and you can see the open kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment