Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Cilantro Woburn

I haven't been back to Cilantro in Woburn since my visit in February, when it was freezing inside, and the food was just meh, but I figure I give them another chance since I just read in the Boston Globe that the original owners are back, and I had good luck with the food here before they disappeared, back in January.



I had an excellent Bun Thit Nuong ($7.95) before, so I went with it again. Choice of meat on top of vermicelli, shredded lettuce, mint, bean sprouts and roasted peanuts. Served with nuoc cham. The vegetables were fresh, and the vermicelli was hot, but the pork was very dry and also very sweet, and the nuoc cham was very very bland.



It was an overcast day, and no lights were on. It was way gloomier than what the picture shows. It was also, again, cold inside. The place filled up, and the service was seriously slow, as was the kitchen. Dishes took a long time to get out, and I saw customers go up to the front desk so that they could order. Too bad, I really used to like this place, but never getting the check until I asked for it doesn't really help either.

No comments:

Post a Comment