Friday, June 26, 2015

You You Nashua

I used to frequent You You Japanese Bistro in Nashua when I worked up here, and it was nice to see that they are still in business, and since I was in the area, I decided to stop by for lunch today. They are really well hidden next to a big shopping plaza.



The interior is sleek and modern, but despite all the windows, it's a bit dark inside. They were not that busy either today.



I was going to have my old standby dish, but when I saw that they had Ramen on the menu, I took my other choice as a takeout for dinner instead. The menu said Ramen Noodles with Roasted Pork ($7.50). "Ramen noodles in stock and topped with slices of roasted pork". A classic ramen it was not but I got exactly what the menu said. The noodles weren't classical noodles either but some generic ramen noodle, they lacked the alkaline undertone that good ramen noodles have. The broth was fine but lacked depth and the pork were tender and cooked nicely. It was a smallish bowl, and I left the spoon in as a reference. Despite my grumblings, it was a nice lunch. Oh, there was also a forgettable miso soup included.



Here's my old standby, Curry Chicken/Pork ($9). "Chicken (white meat) or pork with vegetables in a creamy spicy yellow curry and served with steamed rice". I ordered it, as usual, with pork and it's a nicely cooked breaded pork cutlet with a tasty Japanese curry sauce with vegetables. It tastes way better than what the photo shows.

Click to add a blog post for You You Japanese Bistro on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment