Thursday, September 17, 2015

Lanna Thai Diner Woburn

It's a gorgeous day so I decided to walk down to Lanna Thai Diner in Woburn for my lunch. I have tried them a number of times over the years but never been excited or happy about any meal, but this time I was going to order a classic.



They are located in a Worcester Diner and that's pretty cool. They now have a minimum both for lunch and dinner and that's not cool.



I started with Thai Tom Yum Koong Soup ($3.95). "Hot and sour with chili, lemongrass, mushrooms, lime juice and shrimp". The soup was very good and contained three good sized shrimp and also a couple of enormous mushrooms. Unfortunately, my entree arrived five seconds after the soup, so I only had time to finish part of the soup. This doesn't give a good impression about their customer care and service.



My main dish was Spicy Basil / Pad Gra Pow ($7.95). "Fresh chili pepper and basil leaf stir fried with mushrooms, string beans, bell pepper and onions". I expect a Gra Pow to look like THIS, but this is just about what happens every time I go here, I never get what I was expecting. Half the string beans were nice and fresh and the rest was a shriveled, overcooked mess. The chicken was dry, really dry and the dish was supposed to be medium spicy but barely made it to mild. There were only a few basil leafs present. Again I wasn't very happy with my visit but at least I gave them another chance.



Despite being very cramped, the interior is nice and clean.



Lots of counter seating and they were almost full at lunchtime today. I rather go across the street to Pho #1 for Thai food.

Lanna Thai Diner Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment