Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Sunrise Cuisine Somerville

I have had Sunrise Cuisine in Somerville on my list for quite a while but never got around to visit them until I stopped by today for lunch. They do Haitian Cuisine and that's not something I'm familiar with. They are located just outside the new Assembly Square complex. Their website has the most idiotic menu section I have seen anywhere.



The inside was clean and bright and I believe most customers was Haitian since I didn't understand a word they were saying when they spoke with the waitress.



A salad is included with the entrees and it was nice and fresh with the dressing on the side and I really like that. Think I got enough red onions?



I read good things about the Griyo ($10.25). "Pork shoulder cut into chunks and fried". All entrees are served with rice and plantains and gravy. Sauce? They must love their raw onions! If you think the pork looks dry, it's because it was parched. Crisp on the outside but very dry in the inside. The little slaw on the plate was excellent and seriously spicy. My first plantain was nice and crisp, but the second one was really mushy. The sauce was served warm and was really tasty, but the rice and beans were the stars of the meal. Super delicious and cooked perfectly and a seriously big portion. I took the leftover rice to go. I noticed on the takeout menu that they did have a few dishes in small for $3 less and I might be back and try the fried chicken that way. My GPS could not get here on its own, but I had a good idea where they are located, so I made it in the end. Service was pleasant but when I asked what to do with the sauce, she just repeated the ingredients to me.

Sunrise Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment