Thursday, December 17, 2015

Chili Basil Sudbury

I think I'm getting a cold so I figured that some Thai food would brighten up my day, so I headed out to Chili Basil in Sudbury on a gray and cold Thursday.



This was one restaurant that was seriously hard to find. Here's a tip: if you are coming from the direction of Boston and pass Lotus Blossom, you have gone too far. This place is located in the shopping area down to the left at the traffic lights. Way down!



Interior is nice even if part of the restaurant seemed to be used for storage.



I got a nice window seat and there is also seating in the raised area to the right.



I was going to have my usual Drunken Noodle, but then I saw that they had a special lunch combo for $9.95 and decided to try that instead. It's a combo meal and it comes with two 2 spring rolls and 2 butterflies. Not sure what the minuscule filling in the butterflies was but they were nice and crunchy. The filling in the spring rolls was tasty, but the rolls themselves was undercooked.



My main dish was Basil with pork, you have the choice between four proteins. This was marked as three peppers and wasn't really, but it had a very respectable amount of heat for a lunch dish. The pork was very tender and the veggies were actually cooked but still had a nice crunch to them and the mushrooms were of a very good quality and just warmed through. There was also plenty of basil. The rice was a bit mushy, but there was a lot of the very tasty sauce that had a very nice Thai flavor balance. This was one of the best Thai dishes I have had in a long time.

Chili Basil Thai Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment