Thursday, January 21, 2016

Five Guys Stoneham

Five Guys Burgers & Fries in Stoneham has been open here for quite a while and I visited shortly after they opened in 2011 and the food was just OK. This was so long ago that it was time for a revisit for lunch today.



They are in the Redstone Plaza in a corner location with plenty of parking. I must admit that I'm not sure what the name is now, the sign on the building just says Five Guys as does the website but I have a memory of the name being Five Guys Burgers & Fries.



It's a fairly small place and the potatoes are still stacked out on the floor with a sign on the wall declaring their provenience.



You can watch your burger being griddled and then assembled in front of you and that's pretty cool.



That is if you are not sitting down and taking advantage of the free peanuts. Some shelling required but they are pretty darn tasty.



There have been very few changes to the menu but the biggest improvement is that both the burgers and the fries now can be ordered in Little versions. I went with the Little Cajun Fries ($2.79) and it was a pretty generous portion with the fries overflowing the cup. The fries were really tasty and not overly spicy but still a tad too undercooked for my liking. Try order them extra crispy.



Here's what I think is the best deal in the house, a Grilled Cheese Sandwich ($3.99) with Grilled Onions and Jalapenos. Since all the topping is free, go with the mushrooms as well if you like them, I don't. The grilled onions were really just softened onions but still very good. The jalapenos were sliced really thickly and were spicy enough that they could have laid you out.



A little Burger ($4.29) with lettuce, onions, mustard and jalapenos. The jalapenos that I thought was missing was hiding underneath the patty and I found that out when I took a bite. The burger was fine but the onions were just cut into big chunks, wish they were sliced thinly instead. Not a bad meal at all even if all of this added up to just under $12 with tax but the peanuts are free.

Five Guys Burgers and Fries Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment