Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Sugar & Spice Cambridge

Sugar & Spice in Cambridge doesn't have the world's best website but things on their lunch menu looked interesting, so I headed out there today.



They are located on Mass Ave just a stone's throw from Porter Square. Be careful about parking in the Porter Square parking lot and then leaving the area, they are very strict.



Bright and sunny day but still very cold. It was also cold inside when I got there at lunchtime but it warmed up later.



This really caught my eye on their lunch menu, it's the Crispy Pork Belly Gaprow on Rice ($11.95). It was marked as three pepper spicy on the menu so I was looking forward to something really hot but much to my dismay, it lacked even a trace of heat. If a one pepper dish comes out mild I can understand that but a dish marked with three peppers? This really boggles my mind. The rice was cold and the two slices of cucumber on the plate looked like they had been out for days. The Gaprow itself was excellent with crispy cracklings on the pork and a really tasty sauce with well-cooked veggies. The portion was big enough that I got leftovers and that seldom happens in a Thai restaurant.



After I had complained about the lack of heat, the waitress brought out some chili powder and sambal and that helped to get some heat in the dish. Service was nice but I wish they had turned the heat on earlier.

Sugar & Spice Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment