Friday, January 29, 2016

The Bancroft Burlington

The Bancroft in Burlington is located in the bustling new 3rd Avenue development in Burlington.



Plenty of parking and really easy access.



There is a number of dining areas inside so it feels quite intimate.



I got a booth in the bar next to the windows and they got quite busy at lunch on an overcast Friday. I could see the bartender and an amazing numbers of drinks were poured.



I wasn't going to have a drink but it was something in the environment that made me.



It was an old-fashioned Martini glass but I guess it fit in with the B/W movie playing in the bar.



I ordered the Bancroft Burger ($15) that is only available at lunch. Cave Aged Cheddar, Brioche Bun and Fries. The crunchy onion strings on top were really delicious and added a nice crunch. The brioche bun was nicely toasted and very light. You got a small container of pickles that was overly sweet. The fries were of the previously frozen variety and not that impressive but was cooked very nicely. The house made ketchup was soo good that I had to ask what was in it and the waiter went out to the kitchen and brought back the recipe from the chef. Now that was impressive.



I ordered the burger medium rare and it failed miserably to deliver that. I would say it was medium well but it was seasoned really well with a nice char and it had a seriously nice beefy taste. My waiter offered to have it redone but I declined, it wasn't well done.



As a result of the overdone burger, they offer me a free dessert and I went with the Chocolate Affogato, Dark Chocolate with roasted peanuts. It comes with a double shot of espresso that was poured over the ice cream, absolutely delicious.



After dinner Cognac anyone?

Bancroft Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment