Saturday, June 25, 2016

Cook Newton

Cook in Newton is located on the busy Washington Street in Newtonville but there is plenty of (paid) parking available.



I decided to stop by for their brunch on a gorgeous Saturday. Now brunch is just an excuse to serve smaller portions with pricier drinks but what can you do.



The interior was really nice with a cool vibe. Despite being quite busy, the noise level wasn't bad at all.



Nice bar area with plenty of seating.



When my order of Coner Beef Hash ($14) arrived, I could only stare in horror at what was supposed to be two eggs over easy. The hash looked really good and I thought that the kitchen surely couldn't be this bad? When I told my waiter that the eggs were not cooked right, he took the plate away.



A couple of minutes this arrived, turns out he mixed up two orders and this looked much better. How hungover do you have to be to not see the difference? With that sorted out, the hash was outstandingly good with big chunks of tender corned beef with potatoes and onions mixed in. It only got better after I broke the yolks and let it mix in. It was even seasoned properly. Finally, I got a hash that didn't look like it comes out of a can of dog food. They even had Calvados on the Dessert Cocktail menu.

Cook Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment