Saturday, August 13, 2016

Gin U Dee Stoneham

Time for another lunch visit to the delightful but small restaurant of Gin U Dee in Stoneham.



Nothing has changed on the inside and nothing new on the picture menu on the wall.



Much to my surprise, I was brought a complimentary Thai Ice Tea and instead of the customary milk on top, this one had freshly squeezed lime juice instead. The big guy explained to me that's how they like it in the summer. I usually don't like ice tea but I have to admit that this one was really excellent and very refreshing.



I was going to order the Boat Noodle Soup but got talked out of it. I couldn't really understand what he said but it was something about the beef. I wonder if he talked me out of it due to the blood that's normally added. Instead he suggested that I order the Steamed Beef and Tendon Noodle Soup ($8.85) that he could make like the Boat Noodle Soup. The soup itself was phenomenal, spicy but with a rich, deep flavor. The beef was also super tasty and very tender and the tendons were cooked very nicely and had a slight chew to them. Even the meatballs were delicious.



Surprise number two. Another complimentary dish, this time as taste version of the Pad Ka Na but instead of the normal pork or chicken, it had crispy pork belly. Really really tasty and who can resist crispy pork belly? The Chinese broccoli was of course cooked perfectly. What a feast this turned out to be and this is another kitchen that really takes pride in what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment