Monday, January 23, 2017

Saffron Tewksbury

I visited Saffron Indian Grill in Tewksbury shortly after they opened in September of last year and was pretty pleased with the food. Since I was in the area today, I decided to see if anything had changed. For one thing, prices have gone up, and they now have beer and wine.



Again I went with the mixed Thali ($10.50). You have the choice of two meat dishes and two vegetarian dishes. I picked Chicken Saag and Channa Masala (Chickpeas). Included is also a lentil dish, Raita and Rice Pudding for dessert. The Naan was much better than what I had on my last visit, light and fluffy. The rice was light and fluffy and nicely seasoned. The Chicken Saag was fine with a very tender chicken. The star, however, was the Channa Masala that was very nicely seasoned with a little bit of heat and a ton of flavors. There was also a nice and light Onion Pakora hiding on the plate. The salad had not improved.



They removed the vestibule with its double door entrance, and I think that it was a wrong move. Even when they have a door activated heater, every time the door was opened a blast of cold air could be felt, and it's not even that cold today.

Address 1921 Main Street, Tewksbury, MA 01876
Phone number (978) 677-6775

No comments:

Post a Comment