Sunday, January 8, 2017

TWK Winchester

When I signed up for the Serenitee Group's Rewards Program, I really didn't pay attention, so when I got notified that an entree and a dessert had been loaded on my card, I was pleasantly surprised. The reason? I have a birthday this month.



I decided to revisit The Waterfield Kitchen in Winchester since my last visit was so pleasant. This time, I opted to sit in the bar area. It's a very comfortable room, with some nice high tops next to the windows, that overlook the charming courtyard.



I traded my dessert for a soup without any fuss. This is the delicious FRENCH ONION SOUP (9$). "Crouton, Swiss cheese gratin". The soup was chockful of caramelized onions, and the soup itself was dark and rich. A really excellent rendition of a classic dish.



GRILLED FILET MIGNON ($35) with truffle whipped potatoes, sautéed broccoli, bone marrow crostini, and Bordelaise sauce. I traded the broccoli (ick) for some roasted carrots. The potatoes were delicious, and the filet was cooked as ordered. I'm not really a fan of carrots, but these were excellent and more importantly, not overcooked. The bone marrow was missing from the crostini, but I didn't even notice. I also think that the Bordelaise sauce had been replaced with something else, a Bordelaise is supposed to be a thick red wine sauce. The service was impeccable and friendly.



The have a dining room upstairs that is used for dinner Wed-Sun and also for functions. There is a projector with a huge screen if you want to rent the room to watch a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment