Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Pokéworks Somerville

Poke seems to be the new and upcoming trend in the fast food space with shops opening all over the place. I stuck my head into Pokéworks in Somerville after my lunch at Diva last week. It looked really good, so I headed over there today to try it out.



They are located on Elm Street with about a zillion other restaurants. I got there about 1:00 PM, figuring it would be easier to find parking at that time, but no such luck. It took forever to find a parking space, and it wasn't close either.



The inside was a bit spartan with communal seating, but there were some nice seats at the window.


Tons of different proteins to choose from. You can see the tuna poking up next to the salmon.



This was my first time with poke, so I picked the HAWAIIAN CLASSIC ($10.95 small bowl). "Ahi tuna - green and sweet onion - ogo seaweed - cucumber - chili flakes - sesame seeds - roasted sesame oil - hawaiian salt - pokeworks classic sauce". Three choices for the base, Sushi Rice, Organic Brown Rice, or Quinoa. I went with the brown rice and for crunch picked the garlic crisps. I was surprised how good this was! Tons of flavor, tons of textures and the tuna was top notch. I definitely have to eat more poke. Maybe the parking is less scarce on the weekend.



Here is what they are famous for, the poke burrito. It's really just an enormous Maki roll, but there was plenty of fish inside. I asked the nice lady behind the counter how much bigger the Large Bowl ($15.95) was? Same size as my bowl but you get more protein. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.

Address 261 Elm Street, Somerville, MA 02144
Phone number (617) 996-1198

Pokeworks Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment