Thursday, March 16, 2017

La Voile Brookline

I used the GoPapaya app to make my reservation at La Voile in Brookline to get a nice discount on my meal.



There is still a ton of snow on the ground, so the side streets are narrow, but I was lucky to find a parking spot close by.



The interior is very charming, and you get a real bistro feel. BTW, La voile means sailing.



You get some nice warm and crusty bread and butter. The bread was good, the butter was stone cold.



I started with La Terrine. "Homemade traditional Foie Gras terrine". This was excellent with some really nice bread that was just lightly toasted.


Next was L'Entrecote. That is what the rest of the world calls the rib eye. "Grilled rib eye, Handcut Pommes Frites, Green Peppercorn sauce". The rib eye was way overcooked, so back to the kitchen it went. The next version was blue and cold, but I was happier with that since the steak was of very good quality. The fries was absolutely delicious as was the sauce. The salad was nice and dressed properly.



Unfortunately, the kitchen was very slow, so I had to take my L'Ile Flottante to go since I was about to get a parking ticket. The service was very good. 
This classical dessert of meringue floating on crème anglaise was absolutely excellent when I finally had a chance to try it.

Address: 1627 Beacon Street Brookline, 02445
Phone: 617.277.1260

Download the GoPapaya app on the Apple store or Google Play store and create an account using the invitation code "PET8456". After your first meal out on GoPapaya they'll send you a $10 Amazon gift card plus you save up to 50% off your meal!

Disclosure: This visit was by courtesy of GoPapaya, but all opinions are my own.

La Voile Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment