Friday, April 7, 2017

Golden Garden Malden

Golden Garden in Malden opened recently and are a sister restaurant to Golden Garden in Belmont. The lunch menu isn't very exciting, but there are lots of good stuff on the regular menu. They are located in a shopping plaza, so there is plenty of parking.



The interior is a bit austere but bright and clean.



It took a while for the H&S soup to arrive but it was really really good. You have a choice of three soups. The takeout menu didn't mention any soup with the lunch specials because you don't get any soup with the takeout. The real menu didn't list anything except the dishes in the lunch section.



It turns out that you get either a Spring Roll, an Eggroll or a Crab Rangoon with your lunch. I picked the Spring Roll with my Beef with Hot Green Pepper ($6.95). I got an enormous mound of rice, but the beef and peppers were cooked nicely. This is a classic dish that I really like, and it was competently executed here. The peppers aren't really that hot, but the dish was very pleasant. The Spring Roll was better than the dense Egg Roll even if it was a bit greasy.



So I decided to order two lunches today and my second choice was the Pork with Yu Xiang Sauce ($6.50). The Egg Roll was crisp on the outside but a bit dense on the inside. The dish was nice with a tasty sauce, but I probably would order this extra spicy if I ordered it again. Service was nice but the restaurant was cold.
Update: The portions was soo big that I got three dinners out of this.

Address 9 Highland Ave, Malden, MA 02148
Phone number (781) 322-3708

Golden Garden Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment