Monday, May 8, 2017

Pho Paris Peabody

Pho Paris is located on Rte 1 in Peabody where everything is on the wrong side. No website. The owner lived in Paris for a while and loved it, hence the name.



They are located in a small strip mall and are easy to miss. I know how to get here using the backroads, so I don't have to do the turnaround on Rte 1. I used to frequent a poolroom nearby.



I must say that they have done a really excellent job with the interior and the place was impeccably clean.



They have a big selection of various spring rolls on the menu. I picked the Grilled Pork Spring Rolls ($3.95). "Steamed rice paper wrapped around grilled sliced pork, mint, lettuce and vermicelli. Served with sweet fish sauce". Well, I got an excellent peanut sauce instead and was happy with that. The Spring roll itself was very fresh and light.



Not sure what the difference between #41 Pho Special Combination (Pho Dac Biet) and the #42 Eye round steak, Flank, Soft Tendon and Tripe. Aha, you also get brisket with #41, and that's what I went with. This is a medium ($8.95), and it was a big bowl of piping hot broth. The noodles were not overcooked. The broth was fantastic, rich and fragrant. I only got one piece of tendon, and that could have been cooked a bit longer, but I got a good amount of tripe that was still a bit crisp, as it should be. They did not hold back on the protein, I have seldom seen such a generous serving, and everything was cooked well and was tender. Well, obviously not the rare eye round. Look at that shine on the floor!



I also got some chili oil to dip my meat in, and despite its color, it was very good. Service was very pleasant, and they were happy to answer questions and give recommendations.

Address 136 Newbury St, Peabody, MA 01960
Phone number (978) 535-8339

Pho Paris Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment