Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Scratch Kitchen Salem

As the name implies, Scratch Kitchen in Salem is making everything from scratch.



I have been curious about this place for a while. They are located in the same parking structure where I like to park on my visits to Salem. The tourists are already starting to go gather.



As you enter, you have to the kitchen to the left, a token bar seating in the middle, specials on the boards. There is an actual Ballantine smoker hiding in the kitchen.



The oddly shaped dining room was bright and spotless. They do have waitress service and run your CC at the table, another plus.



I started with the SK Smoked Wings (10.00). "House cured and smoked wings, flash fried and tossed in a Sauce of your choosing: Sweet-Sour Chili Glaze, House Hot Sauce, SK BBQ. Served with Blue dressing, pickled carrots". The 6 small wings were very lightly sauced with the SK BBQ sauce. They had a nice light smoke flavor, and the outside was crisp from the flash fry. The inside was tender. I really like the pickled carrots, something different.



I was going to have the brisket sandwich, but when I saw the Happy Belly ($13) on the specials board, I quickly changed my mind. "Beer Brined Pork Belly, pickled cabbage slaw, cucumber kimchi, sweet heatpepper relish, herbed mayo, served on a toasted baguette". When I asked the waitress what happened to the baguette, she said that this is a baguette. After I told her what a baguette is, we agreed that this was a house made sub roll. It was three generous slices of crispy pork belly, that was juicy and tender. I normally skip the bread, but today I ate the whole thing, it was sooo good. This was a really enjoyable sandwich.

Address 245 Derby Street, Salem, MA 01970
Phone number (978) 741-2442

Scratch Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment