Saturday, September 9, 2017

Siam Delight Beverly

I had read a lot of good reviews for Siam Delight in Beverly, so I had high hopes for my lunch today.



They are not very visible but have a couple of parking spots off the street.



The interior was pleasant enough with an open kitchen in the back.



From the New Specials section, I ordered the Urban Wings ($6). "( 7 pieces ) Crispy marinated chicken wings in Thai special sauce". Where is the Thai special Sauce? I think I got the Thai spicy ketchup sauce from the Bangkok Wings. It was not spicy. The wings were crispy but borderline overcooked, and if they had been marinated, it completely eluded me.



I was delighted when I saw the DUCK CHOO CHEE *** ( KANG PET PED YANG ) ($10) on the lunch menu. "Sliced crispy boneless duck with assorted vegetables, string bean, babycorn, tomato, red and green pepper, pea in Thai choo chee curry sauce". As you can see, it was marked as three stars, and I told the waitress/owner that I liked spicy and three star spicy was fine with me. What did I get? A dish that completely lacked heat, none, nada. I got three slices of duck that was so dry on the bottom, that I didn't know if it was meat or pieces of the rib cage. On one it was actually a piece of the rib cage, so much for boneless. There was also a fair amount of cartilage left in there. Crispy? Not anymore. It was a deep plate, so you got a fair amount of sauce, and that would have been nice if it was a real Choo Chee, but it was just bland, not even a trace of coconut. The veggies were uncooked, and the string beans still had the tip left on. Service was lackluster, and I had to ask for a water refill.

Address 128 Cabot St, Beverly, MA 01915
Phone number (978) 922-8514

Siam Delight Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment