Friday, November 17, 2017

Villa Mexicana Acton

Villa Mexicana in Acton took over the space vacated by Ixtapa, that will not be missed.



They are in Nagog Park, so there is plenty of parking. It's a bit of a hike to get here, but it's a beautiful day today, and they have a lunch Groupon.



Pleasant bar area.



Big cavernous dining area with completely unadorned tables. There are booths in the back.


You get complimentary chips and salsa. The chips were OK, could have been fresher. The salsa was way too sweet for me. Good quality napkin, terrible quality silverware.



I started with the Posole (8) from the dinner menu. No description since it's not on the online dinner menu yet. The Posole was excellent, rich and smoky with a good amount of heat and tasty carnitas. I was less excited by the big chunks of cabbage on top. How do you eat those with a spoon? I only got a few minutes to try this since my mains arrived before I got to finish this.



They have a lunch menu that is not online yet. This is the Burrito Bowl (10). "Poblano rice, Black beans, guacamole, cheddar cheese, with Pico de gallo, topped off with sour cream". Hold the sour cream. You then pick your meat that is an additional charge, and I went with the carnitas (+2). Pricing thing this way doesn't make me happy since it looks like a surcharge. They should have priced it as carnitas (12). The carnitas was excellent, moist and very tasty. The poblano rice was cold and completely lacked poblanos, and it was also mushy. The beans were cooked nicely. but was completely unseasoned.Salt and pepper helped a bit, but where is the citrus, where are the garlic and cummin? Not sure what to do with the cold cheddar cheese? The guacamole was fine, but should not have been served with the pico de gallo, now I got guacamole with pico de gallo when trying to eat the guac. They have only been open for a couple of months, so hopefully, things will improve. I'll be back in the spring for some more of that Posole.

Update: Closed two months after my visit.

Address 103 Nagog Park, Acton, MA 01720
Phone  978-429-8496

Villa Mexicana Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment