Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Bacci's Stoneham

I have driven by Bacci's of Stoneham countless times and never even given them a thought. However, they got a few mentions here and there, so I thought I check them out today since I had to go to Stoneham anyway. My old standby for Italian was Felicia's up the street, but they just closed.



There is on-street parking and also parking behind the restaurant.



The front room sports a big bar and booth and table seating.



They have daily lunch specials and a lunch menu. I promptly got a basket of garlic bread, and they didn't hold back on the garlic or the oil. I could have had this for lunch and be happy. The waitress didn't think this was funny.


I decided to go with the Linguini with Clams (9). Sauce (Marinara, Fra Diavolo, or Scampi) and I picked Scampi. I was not sure what to expect for $9, so it was a real surprise when I got fresh clams that were perfectly cooked. The scampi sauce was very good, and the linguine was also cooked well. This was an excellent lunch, and I'll be back to try more dishes. The service was OK, could have been friendlier. I got a spoon with the pasta and to quote an NYT article"Spoons are for children, amateurs and people with bad table manners in general".



There is another fairly large dining room in the back.

Address 316 Main St (rt 28), Stoneham, MA 02180
Phone number (781) 438-9200

Bacci's of Stoneham Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment