Friday, December 1, 2017

Turner's Melrose

I really enjoyed my visit to Turner's Salem at Lyceum Hall in Salem a while ago and have been planning a visit to Turner's Seafood Grill & Market in Melrose and today was the day.



There is on-street parking, 30 min on one side, and two hours on the other. Go figure. I'm finding more and more parking lots hidden away, but close to Main street.



The inside is very nice and classy. This is the first dining room that you encounter.



Big bar and the oysters etc are chucked right in front of you.



I got a nice high top if front of the windows. You get fresh warm rolls with butter that's actually spreadable. Nice napkins with good quality silverware.



I started with Turners Seafood Stuffed Clams (6). "With Scallops, Clams, Bacon, Breadcrumbs, Lobster cream". They were excellent and really tasty.



2 minutes later my main dish arrived. Who doesn't understand that the appetizer has to be finished before the food is brought out? I finished my clams, and the started on the now lukewarm FRIED POINT JUDITH CALAMARI (12). I picked the Slaw as my first side, but couldn't decide between the fries or the onion rings and when I asked the waitress, she said I could have half and half. Excellent! The clear winner was the thinly sliced onion rings, they were fried perfectly and had a really nice thin batter. Nothing wrong with the fries, but they paled next to the rings. The calamari was outstandingly good, super fresh and cooked perfectly with a very light batter. Of course, you get both tentacles and rings. Considering that the calamari plate at the nearby Liberty Bell is $12, why go there? Fried Calamari doesn't come better than this. The slaw was also very fresh but was a bit too buttermilky for me. The tartar sauce was super tasty. This was a super nice lunch, and a new standard for Fried Calamari has been set.



The manager stopped by and asked how everything was, and when I complained about the premature arrival of my food, he offered a free dessert and I picked something chocolaty with cream that I completely forgot the name of and their dessert menu is not available online. The service was very pleasant.

Address 506 Main St, Melrose, MA 02176
Phone number (781) 662-0700

Turner's Seafood Grill & Market Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment