Sunday, February 18, 2018

Acitrón Arlington

Time for some Mexican Brunch on this sunny Sunday, so I headed to Acitrón Cocina Mexicana in Arlington. I have been here a number of times and been very happy with their food. I rarely go to Arlington Center after they installed the on-street parking meters.



I was really happy when they started serving Lunch and Brunch, but it's only on Sat-Sun.



The interior is nice and bright and really pleasant.



Warm chips and salsa arrive promptly. I have never been to a restaurant where the salsa was left in the chips basket. The salsa is fantastic.



From the brunch menu, I picked the HUEVOS BENEDICTINOS (10.95). "Two homemade corn shells topped with refried beans, avocado, Canadian-style bacon, two poached eggs and chipotle hollandaise sauce". Brunch is served with home fries and fresh fruit. I was a bit confused about the "corn shells" since I just got some flat corn tortillas on the bottom. The eggs were poached perfectly and this was really tasty. I liked the texture that the corn on the bottom added. Last time the home fries were just home fries, and unseasoned, but this time they were mushy but seemed to be cooked in some sort of broth, since they were really tasty. I really like this version. All the fruit was fresh and ripe, except the cantaloupe that I saved for last.

Address 473 Massachusetts Avenue, Arlington, MA 02474
Phone number (781) 777-2839

No comments:

Post a Comment