Sunday, March 11, 2018

Kennedy Fried Chicken Lynn

I had a hankering for some fried chicken today, so I headed out to Kennedy Fried Chicken in Lynn. I rarely go to Lynn, since it's really out of the way, and there is no quick way to get there.



They have some private parking.



They are geared towards takeout.



There are a few tables available. That character made me nervous. He kept changing tables and was writing notes that he stuck between the table and the wall.



The chicken is pressure cooked, and they just took a batch out when I arrived.



I ordered the 5 pieces ($8.50) all dark, with fries. Well, serving the fries this way certainly keeps them warm, but how do you salt them without salting the chicken? I moved the chicken to one side. The fries were OK. The chicken was really good, crispy and juicy, and the batter had a hint of heat. I got four thighs and one drum, and they were all good sized. Consider that my favorite fried chicken from Popeyes are now $6.99 and that's for two pieces, this is a really good deal for a very good fried chicken.



What happened to 4 pcs? Ask for a menu when you get here, none was offered to me until I left. They do have chicken combos that come with mashed. Three pieces with mash and one roll are $5.75. The pricing is a bit strange, from three pieces chicken only, the price increases by a dollar for each piece until you get to six pieces when it suddenly increases by $1.75. It's the same for chicken with fries, when you get to six pieces it jumps by $1.50. Yes, they have four pieces on the real menu. The wings are also very reasonably priced.

Address 252 Western Ave, Lynn, MA 01904
Phone number (781) 598-4825

No comments:

Post a Comment