Saturday, March 17, 2018

Lendy's Deli Saugus

I really like corned beef, but are less enticed by the rest of a boiled dinner, and I have heard really good things about the Ruben at Lendy's Deli in Saugus.



I don't think my GPS is from around here, but I had a good idea where I was going. They are located in a plaza with Marshalls, and there is a Target across the street. Plenty of parking, but the plaza was really busy on a Saturday at lunchtime.



The inside was nice and bright. They have waitress service, and it was seat yourself.



The famous REUBEN (11.15). "Corned Beer or Pastrami piled as high as the New York sky and melted Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing and served with choice of French fries, potato salad, macaroni salad, or coleslaw". The online menu has a slight spelling error. The default bread is rye, I don't like that, so I went with the sourdough instead. The sandwich was nicely toasted and the cheese was properly melted. It was a good amount of corned beef, however, the dressing was almost absent. The waitress promptly gave me a container of dressing, so that was an easy fix. The kraut was crisp and this was a very enjoyable sandwich. My side of macaroni salad was fantastic, tasty dressing and crunchy veggies, this almost outshone the sandwich. There were a few whole olives in there, but I wish they had been cut in half. Terrible silverware. A nearby table had the corned beef dinner (10.95 all day) and I'm tempted to go back for that on a Thursday.

Address 653 Broadway, Saugus, MA 01906
Phone number (781) 231-3180

No comments:

Post a Comment