Thursday, April 5, 2018

Brothers Deli Wakefield

Is there a Brothers Deli in every town? I know that they were started by the same family, but now each is independently owned. Brothers Deli in Wakefield announced on the paper menu Breakfast Lunch Dinner, but they close at 3:00 pm, so I'm not sure how the dinner part works.



On street free parking, and they also have dedicated parking behind the restaurant. I noticed that in the neon sign Dinner is not lighted up.



They are cafeteria style. A long list of daily specials on a whiteboard to my left. Daily specials are also listed on the menu boards.



The interior is well lighted and pleasant. The booths have seen better times, with ripped seats and not to stable backs.



Thursdays Specials include Roast Pork ($11.75). One really big pork chop and a sizable slice of the loin. For my sides, I picked Corn and Roasted Potatoes and plenty of gravy. I should have skipped the corn and gotten some more potatoes instead. There was nothing wrong with the corn, and it had a nice texture. The potatoes were good but could have been more lemony, but they were seasoned nicely. The loin piece was tender but dry. The chop was really good, but both pieces were just lukewarm. The gravy was a bit light. You also get bread, and I picked a pita. No website, but a menu can be found HERE, and the prices seem accurate. So far, New Brothers Deli leads the pack for best Roasted Pork Dinner.

Address 404 Main St, Wakefield, MA 01880
Phone: (781) 245-5511

No comments:

Post a Comment