Monday, April 30, 2018

Pho Dalat Chelmsford

Since spring went on spring break and will be back on Wednesday, a nice pho was in order. Pho Dalat in Chelmsford is the third member, and newest, of this very local chain. Pho Dalat now has three locations within a 10-mile radius.



This was the day we were having today. They are easy to get to from Rte 3. Getting back onto Rte 3 southbound is a bit of a nightmare since nobody seems to respect the marked lanes.



I remember the bar from when this was Garlic Bistro. There are some high-tops next to the aquariums.



The inside was very pleasant and nicely decorated. The tables were a bit small. There are booths to my right. They have Chinese lunch specials, I think they were $7.95. I must admit that I didn't pay them much attention.



When trying a new Vietnamese restaurant, trying the Dặc Biệt is really a must. This is the medium ($8.95). "Our most popular beef noodle soup combining sliced rare eyeround, well done flank, brisket, beef flank, tendon and tripe". "Soups are served with a plate of bean sprouts, fresh basil, sliced lime and small green chile pepper on the side". This is a cut and paste from their online menu. For once I got the green chili pepper on the side. The broth was OK but needed some Siracha to come alive. The noodles were good, and not overcooked. I have read complaints that they were stingy with the proteins, but I can not agree with that. I got plenty of meat that was tender and tasty. I even got a good amount of tripe that had a little bit of crunch left. The tendon was also cooked well and had a nice texture.



The condiment tray was a bit of a letdown, no chili oil and if you ask for chili oil, they charge you another dollar. The service was very pleasant, water got refilled and the waitress stopped by to check that everything was OK.



There are three large aquariums between the bar and the dining room, and they were immaculate.

I'm confused about the name. The sign and the menu say Dalat, the website says Da Lat everywhere. I have asked them about this. They never got back to me, so I'm going with the logical choice.

Address: 131 Drumhill Road Chelmsford MA 01824
Phone: 978-710-7636


No comments:

Post a Comment