Sunday, April 8, 2018

Red's Kitchen + Tavern Peabody

I had my eye set on a newish Italian place on Rte 1 that was open for lunch but only served from the dinner menu. I continued on Rte 1 and stopped at Red's Kitchen + Tavern in Peabody for some brunch.


I have been here before, and it was OK. They are really close to Rte 1. Lot's of parking but almost all spots were taken, so I wasn't sure how bad the wait would be.


The hostess said: Seat yourself either in the bar or at the U shaped tables. A couple just left the bar, so I was seated immediately. Then someone asked if I was using the chair next to me, and when I said no, it was whisked away. More elbow room for me. There was a wait when I arrived, and there was a wait when I left.


They were only serving brunch since it was Sunday, but it was a fairly extensive menu. This was either Irish Benedict or Eggs Benedict with Hash ($9.50). Both the potatoes and the eggs were cooked nicely. The potatoes could have been crispier, but at least they were seasoned. It was a good amount of a very good hash, no potatoes involved. The English muffins were toasted and very very light. I was very happy with this.

Address 131 Newbury Street, Peabody, MA 01960
Phone number (978) 531-7337

No comments:

Post a Comment