Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Howling Wolf Taqueria Express North Andover

The original Howling Wolf Taqueria in Salem has a solid reputation for what goes as Mexican food in NE. They recently opened Howling Wolf Taqueria Express in North Andover, and I have been eager to try them. Since it's Taco Tuesday today, it was a good day for a visit. No Taco Tuesday specials.


They are in a strip mall on the outskirt of town and are really easy to get to. Parking is not an issue.


Open kitchen and a good amount of seating. There is also counter seating in front of the windows.


I took a seat at the bar since that seemed to be the most comfortable seating.


It's Taco Tuesday, so tacos it was. From the left, we have Grilled Shrimp Taco ($3.95 Three for $10.95). "Grilled shrimp on corn tortillas with cucumber, avocado slices, and mango chile puree". I got one gigantic slice of avocado, perfectly cooked shrimp that completely lacked grill marks. Next is the Fish Taco ($3.95). "Grilled fish on corn tortillas with cabbage, tomato, and chipotle-cilantro white sauce". It was a big piece of fish that was cooked perfectly but also lacked grill marks. Lastly is the Fried Avocado Taco ($3.75). "Fried avocado on flour tortillas with black beans, tomatoes, cabbage, & jalapeno ranch". This was the only one on a flour tortilla. All the tacos were very good and really well seasoned and tasty. I really liked the Fried Avocado Taco, it was super tasty, but I think it's overpriced compared to the other two.


I also ordered the Rice and Beans ($2). Both were OK, the beans were a bit on the stodgy side for me. Maybe a Burrito Bowl with Chile Verde on my next visit.

Address: 550 Turnpike St. North Andover, MA 01845
Phone: 978-208-1701

On my way home, I stopped at Walmart in Tewksbury to pick up some Bell Evans readymade mashed potatoes that are almost as good as homemade. Considering that there is no prep, no cooking and no cleanup, they are as good as my homemade.


No comments:

Post a Comment