Friday, September 21, 2018

Cafe Escadrille Burlington

I had a hankering for Sushi today and thought about the AYCE at Maki Maki, but even if my last visit wasn't bad I'm not too thrilled with them. I then thought about Sakura in Winchester, but there the ratio of rice to fish are really out of whack. Next was Toraya in Arlington, but the fish in their Chirashi is getting smaller by the day. I then remembered the Chirashi at Cafe Escadrille in Burlington that I was impressed by. It's a bit strange eating Sushi in this bastion of blue hairs.



Quality table setting and the place is impeccably clean and really well maintained. You get a warmish roll with butter that is actually spreadable.



Here is the lunch Chirashi ($13.95). They do sushi for lunch Wed-Sat. It wasn't as diversified as on my last visit, but there was plenty of really fresh fish. Included was also some very lightly seared tuna. The sushi rice was at the correct temperature and even correctly seasoned. There was an abundance of pickled stuff on top of the rice, and it added a nice crunchiness. The portion was so big I didn't finish all the rice. I quickly removed the parsley, not sure what was doing here. I was really pleased with my lunch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment