Saturday, September 29, 2018

Peppercorn House Woburn

I last visited the Peppercorn House in Woburn about 18 months ago, and I was pleased with my Bento Box lunch, and I'm going to order the same today to see what it looks like now.



The inside is pleasant, but I managed to hide the sushi bar behind the flowers.



I was ordering from the Japanese lunch menu and was pleasantly surprised that I had a choice of soups. It was a big bowl of H&S soup that had a lot of interesting stuff in it. It certainly was hot but lacked the sour part, but it was really tasty. It's still very thick but not as bad as on my first visit.



I again went with the lunch Bento Box B (13.50) and picked Black Pepper Beef as my main dish. "Fried gyoza, sushi 2pcs, sashimi 3pcs". This time I got rice. The dressing on the salad was different, but it was good. The gyoza was nice and crispy and had a tasty filling. I ordered the beef extra spicy and, as usual, it wasn't. It wasn't even peppery, but there was plenty of tender beef, and the veggies were cooked and still crispy. There was tender asparagus in there, and that made me happy. It had plenty of sauce. The dreaded shrimp showed up in the Nigiri, and it's usually dry. It was dry. The rest of the fish was really good. Despite the lack of heat, I really enjoyed my lunch. Service was very good, but only one other table was occupied.

Address 318 Main Street, Woburn MA 01801 Phone number (781) 933-6699

No comments:

Post a Comment