Thursday, November 1, 2018

Maki Maki Woburn

I usually go to Sakura in Winchester for my AYCE Sushi, but lately, the proportions of fish to rice have been skewered towards the rice. Today I headed out to Maki Maki in Woburn for my AYCE Sushi.



They are in Cummins Park and really close to the library. I really miss the Far East Cafe and their weekend AYCE Dim Sum.



They have a wrap around Sushi Bar and also booth seating. There is a dining room to the right as you enter.



The waiter takes your order from the AYCE menu ($15.99). Wasabi and pickled ginger were dumped on the table as was the water. No Welcome, no What do you want to drink. I do like that the wasabi arrives early, so it has a chance to dissolve in the soy sauce.



The spicy seaweed salad wasn't spicy, but it was really cold. I had some after I finished my meal and it was much better at room temperature.



This didn't come out too well, but it's two Tempura Shrimp that had a really thick batter but was just somewhat crispy. The Shrimp Shumai had one miniature shrimp inside. One dipping sauce for the Shumai and one for the Tempura. I had to ask which was which since no explanation was given.



Salmon, Tuna and Red Snapper Nigiri. The rice could have used some seasoning, but the ratio of fish to rice was correct. The fish was really good.



Some more Salmon Nigiri. All plates had the logo facing the wrong way.



The actually have lunch specials now, Including Bento Boxes. Be aware that the whole table has to order from the same menu, and that actually makes sense. This wasn't bad at all, just wish I could eat more.

Address: 40 Cummings Park Dr, Woburn, MA 01801 Phone: (781) 305-3829

No comments:

Post a Comment