Saturday, January 19, 2019

Margaritas Waltham

Margsmex loaded my card with $10 for my birthday so I headed down to Margaritas in Waltham since the food and attitude is so much better than their Lexington location.


The inside goes all the way down to the corner. They have reserved parking in the back.


The inside is bright and clean. All the decorations are imported from Mexico.


Today the chips were warm and fresh. The chunky salsa is quite good even if it is heavy on the tomato and they really like their onion chunks. Rolled up silverware is the norm but the waiter handed me some fresh napkins.


I picked the Chile Relleno ($12). "Available while they last on Friday and Saturday only. Roasted whole, fresh poblano pepper battered and stuffed with cheese, topped with mild red chile sauce and crema. With Mexican rice and beans". I added Shrimp (+$2) and that was worth the money, big and perfectly cooked shrimp. I also ordered it with refried beans and they failed on the delivery of that. I forgot to say hold the sour cream but it was just a minuscule amount and it was easy to remove. The poblano pepper was properly cleaned and really tasty.


My waiter later brought out a side of refried beans. They are excellent, well seasoned and tasty. It would have been even better if they weren't stone cold.


The Chile Relleno was sitting in a pool of grease. Not sure what happened, maybe they overcooked the cheese so that it split? The service was OK.

Address: 211 Moody St, Waltham, MA 02453 Phone: (781) 893-9990

No comments:

Post a Comment