Friday, January 18, 2019

TWK Winchester

This month the Serenitee Group loaded a free entree and dessert onto my Reward card, good at any of their 9 restaurants because I have a birthday this month. The offer is good for the whole month with no restrictions.


I headed out to The Waterfield Kitchen in Winchester since I really like the place. Free on-street parking but not a lot of it.



I got a nice table in the bar area. You also have a nice view of their patio. The old bound menus have been replaced by a printed sheet.



A Yelp check-in yielded a free Spicy Maki Roll ($12) and I opted for the Salmon roll. It was spicy and unlike most other "spicy" rolls this one was made with chunks of fish and not the normal mush.



For my free entree, I picked the PAN SEARED DUCK BREAST ($28). "Butternut Squash, duck fat potato & baby kale hash, cara-cara gastrique". The squash got 86'ed in favor of asparagus. The duck was cooked perfectly with crispy skin and was super tender and well seasoned. The hash was tasty and had the tender asparagus mixed in. Turns out that cara-cara is blood oranges. This was an excellent dish with everything cooked perfectly.



This isn't listed on the webpage so it has to be from memory. Cara Cara Cheesecake ($8) with Grand Marnier whipped cream and shaved chocolate. It was very tasty but a bit heavy. Service is always impeccable here.



This is the newly built patio and it extends down to the bow windows.

Address 14 Thompson Street, Winchester, MA 01890 Phone number (781) 729-0204

No comments:

Post a Comment