Thursday, January 3, 2019

Red Robin Woburn

I must admit that I only signed up for the free birthday burger at Red Robin in Woburn, so this is my first visit. This is a nationwide chain. In 2015 they had 538 locations nationwide.



They are located on the busy Washinton Street. On the scanner, I hear at least one car accident daily, so be careful.



The sunny side dining room that I had all to myself. Everyone else got seated in the darker dining room.



They had some pleasant bar seating.



Napkins are from a roll at the table. They have the pay kiosk at the table, and I really like that. Be aware that the tip is calculated after taxes.



THE WEDGIE™ BURGER ($11.79). "500 Calories. Stacked with bacon, guac, tomato and red onion inside of a lettuce bun, then wrapped for easy handling—this 500-calorie protein powerhouse of a burger is full of flavor. Served with a side salad". I asked for fries instead of the bottomless salad. It turns out that the fries are bottomless as well. The burgers are 6oz, so I went for it Monster Style. "Add an extra patty with cheese for $3.19". There was no cheese present. There was no bacon included and hardly any guac. I like the concept of the lettuce wrap since I usually leave the buns anyway. There was red onion included, but I wished they had rinsed it before serving to get rid of the acrid taste. I asked for the burgers rare, and my server said that they would do what they could. Online ordering gives you the option of well done and slightly pink. Out comes two hockey pucks, that was so dry and overcooked and dense that they were hard to cut with a knife. The steak fries were OK, and when I found a salt shaker, it only delivered a coarse grind that didn't stick to the fries. The service was friendly. Considering that the burger at The Bancroft is only $3 more, I know where my next burger is coming from.

Address: 369 Washington St, Woburn, MA 01801 Phone: (339) 298-7668

No comments:

Post a Comment