Saturday, February 2, 2019

Donut Villa Malden

Donut Villa in Malden is located in the same plaza as Golden Garden, and I'm not happy with the way my GPS took me here.



A very unassuming storefront. Plenty of parking around.



Yes, it's a diner and donut shop. The donut part is to my left.



I went with the Homemade Corned Beef Hash and Eggs ($9.95). "Made from scratch corned beef hash served with three eggs any style, home fries and toast". This is from the online menu, the actual price was $8.95 even if the menu said $8.25. I added three sausages ($3.25) to make sure I hit $10 for my Nift discount. The homemade hash was excellent with clearly recognizable bits of corned beef, and it was seasoned. The potatoes were also excellent, seasoned and sans skin. The over easy eggs was a bit unevenly cooked with the rightmost one being a bit snotty.



The toast was evenly toasted, but the butter didn't melt. It almost like they buttered cold toast. The service was so-so, no water refills.



Yes, they do donuts and big ones. This was actually a birthday cake.

Address: 1 Highland Ave, Malden, MA 02148 Phone: (781) 322-3028

No comments:

Post a Comment