Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Swanton Street Diner Winchester

Swanton Street Diner in Winchester has been here forever. Parking can be scarce, but I scored a spot just outside. They have free WiFi, and the password isn't visible from the street anymore. This isn't really a diner, but they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. My last visit wasn't really that impressible.


From my nice two top in the dining room, I noticed people walking up from the side street. I finally put two and two together, and it turns out they have parking available behind the restaurant.


I decided to get the Vinegar Pepper Pork Chop ($12.49) from the lunch menu. "In the old Italian style with bliss potatoes and a tangy vinegar sauce". This was a good sized pork chop on the bone that wasn't overly dry and had been seasoned nicely. The potatoes had been roasted nicely but were a tad overcooked, but I like potatoes, so it wasn't a big deal. The onions were good, and the peppers were appropriately vinegary. I was very happy with my meal here. It wasn't really service with a smile. In the background, I'm watching snooker from the Welsh Open. Isn't technology incredible these days?

Address: 72 Swanton St, Winchester, MA 01890 Phone: (781) 721-9666

No comments:

Post a Comment